Improving Communication Throughout Your Life.
- About Us
- Accent Reduction
- Children's Treatment
- Adult Treatment
- What's New
- Contact Us
Intensive Aphasia Treatment Program (iTAWC)
Visit Our New Website http://itawc.com
iTAWC Summer 2016 - Intensive Treatment for Aphasia in Western Canada
in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia
July 4 - 29, 2016
Note: this session of iTAWC is now full. Dates for a fall/winter program will be announced shortly.
We are very pleased to once again announce an intensive treatment program for people with aphasia. This month-long program will run all day, five days per week, in Vancouver in the summer of 2016 in the accessible offices of Columbia Speech and Language Services.
Strictly limited to three clients in total.
Register by April 1, 2016 - $10,000
Register between April 2 and May 15, 2016 - $12,000
Register after May 15, 2016 - $14,000
Please note that the dates will be updated for our fall/winter 2016 program.
Register between March 2nd and April 15th, 2015 – $12,000*
Register between April 16th and June 15th, 2015 – $14,000* - See more at: http://itawc.com/faqs/#sthash.Tttz0EdZ.dpuf
- Speech and language therapy for aphasia for three to four hours daily for four weeks (depending on session selected)
- Apraxia therapy for those who need it
- Individual, paired and small group instruction
- Thorough pre-treatment assessment and orientation
- Post-treatment assessment, guest speakers, family meetings and debriefing
- A detailed final report that can serve as a blueprint for targeting further progress after completion of iTAWC
- Comprehensiveness – we use a variety of evidence-based practice methods including constraint induced language therapy, social participation approaches to aphasia treatment and state of the art technology as appropriate to each client’s needs.
- Experienced, dedicated therapists with a passion for working with people with aphasia
- Lots of individual attention – our staffing ratio is two SLPs (speech language pathologists) to every three clients and one grad student to every client in the summer, and one SLP to each client in other sessions
- Intensive speech therapy for aphasia every day, Monday to Friday, for four weeks!
- Pre and post assessments and family meetings bringing your time in Vancouver to 5 weeks
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Register
We are currently taking registrations for our fall/winter program on a first-come first-served basis. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for costs, application procedures and further details. Or for more information, or to request an application packet, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-875-9100.
Register early as we take only three clients each session!
Web Site Design & Development by NetClimber Web Design Inc.